types, uses and characteristics of Vinylon ropes
1 Natural Vinylon Rope
(1) White rope: with wild banana or agave fiber made of light yellow.
Use: Generally used as traction rope for goods.
Advantages: Soft texture, relatively light, have a certain degree of elasticity.
Disadvantage: After damp will swell hair hard, and easy mildew.
(2) Cotton Hemp Rope: With the anti-corrosion treatment of cotton, Vinylon Rope hemp fiber mixed into small strands, and then with a few small strands woven into a rope.
Use: Generally used as rope flag, skimming cable and so on.
Advantages: soft, smooth, not easy to kink.
(3) Oil Hemp Rope: Made of hemp fiber soaked with tar, the corresponding water absorption, elasticity and strength are lower, the ship is used only as lashing wire rope, Vinylon Rope white rope line or head, in case of fine rope disperse.
2 Synthetic Vinylon Rope
Synthetic Vinylon rope also known as chemical Vinylon rope, referred to as chemical fiber rope. The habit of the ship is called nylon rope. At present, the synthetic Vinylon rope in mooring has almost completely replaced the natural Vinylon rope, the common synthetic Vinylon rope on board has nylon rope, polypropylene rope and so on. Their advantages are light weight, high strength, mildew resistance, corrosion resistance, Vinylon Rope good flexibility and scalability. wherein, the nylon rope wear-resisting rub, the strength is highest. Chemical Vinylon rope and polypropylene rope is the lightest weight, can float on the water surface, do not absorb water intensity is also high, so it is particularly suitable for marine mooring cable. The Vinylon rope is heavier than the first two, and the elasticity is slightly worse, which is often used as a reel rope.
Specification and strength of Vinylon rope
The thickness of the vinylon rope is expressed in its diameter, in millimeters (mm). Some places like to use an inch unit inch (in), with the Imperial unit time is its circumference, measuring the diameter to use its largest size, less than 1in with $number, $number, $number in to express. Because:
Diameter d = Perimeter c/π
The conversion relationship between circumference and diameter can be reduced to:
Perimeter c (in)/diameter d (mm) =1/8
The conversion between the diameter and circumference of the rope is simple, Vinylon Rope convenient and practical.
The length of the Vinylon rope refers to the length of the whole bundle of new ropes, both metric and imperial.
Metric: 1 Bundles are 200m, or 210m.
British: 1 Bundles of 120 extension (720ft), equivalent to 220m.
The quality of the Vinylon rope is estimated by the following formula for each bundle of 200m.
Rope each bundle of 200m, the quality of each bundle of rope W is:
W=0 15d² (kg)
Type: d---diameter, MM.
For each bundle of 200m, the mass of the rope is:
W $number. $number d² (kg)
In the--d diameter, mm.
2. The strength of the Vinylon rope
In order to avoid the danger of breakage of the cable, the strength of the cable must be understood before use to ensure safety. The strength of the Vinylon rope can be divided into breaking strength and using intensity.
(1) Breaking strength: it means that the force of the cable increases gradually to the strength of breaking.
(2) The use of strength (also known as work intensity): is to ensure the safety of the use of Vinylon rope strength, generally take it as breaking strength of 1/6 that the safety factor of 6.
Use strength = breaking strength/safety factor
This is the conversion of the strength of the new rope formula, Vinylon Rope if the Vinylon rope has been used, should be based on its specific conditions to increase the safety factor to ensure the safety of the rope.
When we do not know the strength of the Vinylon rope factory, the following formula can be used to estimate the strength of the estimation, but the general is more safety.